Bear with me while this blog finds its feet. I can't decide whether to use it to rail against the tedious mediocrity of modern day Britain or to celebrate everything that is great about life in general, so it will probably be a mixture of both. What ends up on these pages largely depends on what mood I wake up in, what I read in the press, what I see on the television, what I've found online and how my beloved West Ham are doing.
What I can guarantee at this point is that most of the content will be music-related. Most of my life has revolved around music in one way or another, as you'll find out in posts to come, but for now I'll just give you one of my all-time favourite tracks, and one of my favourite You Tube videos, all wrapped up in one. I've always been a big disco nut, and am finding myself more in love with the genre today than ever before. I think this is mainly down to You Tube and the "related videos" feature, and some great blogs I've found, all of which have turned me on to some great stuff I was previously unaware of. Again, more of this to come.
Just to get the ball rolling while I get to grips with layouts, formatting, font sizes and colours, and other mundane shit, here's (probably) my all-time favourite disco cut. I LOVE this track. I never tire of hearing it, and I play it out at every opportunity. I've recently done a rough edit of it, which is a work in progress - I'll post it when it's finished. I love the video as well, filmed at the closing party of the Paradise Garage in 1987. The joy and ecstasy on the dancefloor is something that only a few of us have ever experienced in Britain, mostly during the golden period of 1988-1989, before the government crackdown (another topic to be expanded on at a future date). For now, enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment